Here is my regular post that looks ahead at the month and suggests things you could read, create and love with your children. These things will focus on celebrating the start of Summer, minibeasts and the men in our lives!
Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems This is a great story, encourages lots talk about our emotions.
The Emperor’s egg by Martin Jenkins Such a cute story!
Guess how much I love you by Sam McBratney A classic!
We’re going on a bear hunt by Michael Rosen Another classic! (loads of arts ideas on the blog)
My Dad by Anthony Browne Great book about the role of a Dad.
My Dad thinks he’s funny by Katrina Germein Any Dad’s that are constantly telling sill jokes?
Minibeast books (These are my top 5 minibeasts picture books).
Crunchy munchy caterpillar by Sheridan Cain This a great simple book about the lifecycle of a butterfly.
Norman the slug by Sue Hendra (Click here for my post about this book).
What the ladybird heard by Julia Donaldson (Click here for my post about this book).
Arrrragghhh spider by (Click here for my post about this book).
Superworm by Julia Donaldson (Click here for my post about this book).
What about making a Father’s day gifts this year? These keyrings are always very popular! (Click here for lots of homemade gift ideas)
Minibeast crafts- recently we made these stunning butterflies!
Celebrate the start of Summer by making a beautiful summer garland to bring the wonderful summer colours in the home.
Celebrate the delicious summer fruits Have some fun with all the different wonderful fruits that are now in season……… could make fruit kababs/pops…….. fruit ice pops……. smoothies…..
- 30dayswild This month take part in #30dayswild, get outside everyday during June!
- Celebrate the Dad’s! Get busy making cards and gifts and spend some special times with Dad’s or the men in our lives.
- Strawberries! Get picking! Find your local strawberry farm and enjoy! We are definitely going to do this, this year!
- Alfresco Let’s enjoy the sunshine and eat in the garden.
- Visit a butterfly farm This is always a fun activity seeing the amazing variety of butterflies up close.
- Play Poohsticks…….. one of the easiest fun free things to do at the park!
- Minibeast madness……….. hunt for them in their garden….. make them……… read about them………make a bug hotel……
- Big screen Watch Wimbledon on a big screen…….. Pims for the adults and ice-cream for the kids….yes please!
Well I hope you found this post useful! If you have got suggestions of things we should be doing in June let me know! Happy June everyone! xx