We are fortunate to live in South East London where there is lots to do and often they are free too!
Here are some of our favourites!
Greenwich is an amazing day out- Here are a few suggestions of things you can do:
- You could just spend the day in Greenwich park and have a great time.
- The Martime museum, which has great interactive areas for the children to explore. The AHOY! children’s gallery for 0-7 years is wonderful, they do talks and family activities as well as weekday activities for the under 5’s.
- Walking along the Thames – spotting boats and London landmarks.
- Cutty sak is great fun! Lots of interactive bits for the children. They often do talks for kids which shows you different parts of the boats and tells you about the history of it. (You do have to pay to entry, look out for 241 offers).
- Watch a planetarium show (book online for tickets). These are great because they do different ones for different age groups.
Here is a post I wrote about visiting Blackheath and Greenwich.
Mudchute farm Lovely city farm! It is very close to the DLR which children love riding on!
Kelsey Park We love this park, great for picnics in the Summer.
Eltham palace The play park is wonderful which you can do for free. If you decide to pay to go in the palace, there is a trail for the children and dressing up. The gardens are beautiful to walk around. There are children interactive talks during school holidays. The café is very nice too!
Oxlea woods We always have such a great time wandering around the woods!
Crystal palace park Lots to do including little maze, play park, hunt for dinosaurs and a little farm.
Discover Discover is amazing for younger children, it is a wonderful centre that focuses on storytelling, where children play inside and outside to discover what makes up a story. They have special exhibitions which are always stunning! (Pay for entry). Here is a post I wrote about it when it was the Oliver Jeffers exhibition. (I think this exhibition is now touring if you get chance to go it is wonderful).
What are your favourite days out in South East London?
Here are some other posts you may find useful:
Thanks for reading! xxx