Did you love the TV adaptation of “We’re going on a bear hunt” by Michael Rosen this Christmas? We loved it, the book is such a wonderful classic children’s book!
It inspired us to get creative! We made bunting, we made 9 flags which we were all different using different methods, however you may just want to choose one or two methods for your bunting.
Here is how we made our bunting:
- Fork painting- we used a fork to paint “Long wavy grass!” First we used green paint then we included some red flowers by dabbing the tip of the fork in red paint.
- Grass paint brush- we collected grass/ leaves and a stick from the garden then used an elastic band to attach the grass to the top of the stick to create a paint brush. Ready to get painting!
- Candle wax painting- first we drew a snowflake with a candle then painted with watercolours over the top.
- Doilies painting- find out more here.
- Watercolours and salt- we used watercolours to create a “Deep cold river” then we sprinkled salt over the top.
- Splatter painting- lots of fun splatter painting with slightly watered down paint or liquid watercolours.
- Marble printing- we use special marble inks. It is super easy and children are always amazed at the effects!
- Bark rubbing- Super easy find a tree and get rubbing!
- Stick painting- instead of a paintbrush use a stick!
Finally string your flags together and hang!
Happy creating! xxx