Here is my monthly post, which I post at the beginning of every month. I am looking ahead at the month and suggesting 10 things you could do with your children. These things will focus on celebrating the season and special events in that month.
- Go and see the Christmas lights! It is lovely to be out in the early evening…..seeing the lights and shop window displays can be amazing at this time of the year too – this could be local or your nearest city. What about sitting on the top deck of the bus going through London?!!??!
- Watch a show. We always try and do this during December, we used to always go into London but last year we stayed local and saw an amazing productions of “The bear” (and less than half the price of the West end!). So this year hoping to go back there to see “The snail and the whale” at the Albany in Deptford.
- Give to charity – Time to have a sort out and see what toys can be passed on (Tom is so bad at this but we will try!). On facebook I saw a great idea of a reverse advent calendar which we are going to do this advert- the idea is that every day during advent you put something in a box to giveaway, then in January you give the food/items to a local food bank.
- Make homemade gifts So special to give homemade gifts! Here are some ideas of homemade gifts for children to make and give.
- Christmas movie time What’s your favourite Christmas movie that you could share with the kids? I am thinking Home alone or Elf with Tom this year.
- Make homemade decorations. Lots of ideas here on the blog!
- Ice skating Something Christmasy and magical about ice skating outside! There are some amazing venues to do it in now too… Somerset house, Greenwich or National History museum… what great settings!
- Christmas cooking Get the kids involved in some of the cooking this Christmas. What are your favourite Christmas recipes? I love to make gingerbread at this time of year. Click here for a great gingerbread recipe to do with the kids.
- Meet Father Christmas I always get exciting about this as it brings back real childhood memories of going to a particular department store in Brighton to meet Santa so since having Tom I have wanted to create equally wonderful memories of this, nowadays this means booking in August but hey! We are going to Penhurst place this year.
- Celebrate New Year Let’s make the seeing the New Year in special with the kids too. What about a special meal before they go to bed?
Here are some suggestion of some fab picture books for December:
Top 10 favourite Christmas pictures books – click here to find out more.
Let’s plan ahead:
The last couple of years I have prepared a Christmas eve box or bag for Tom. I put inside new pj’s, Christmas picture book, a DVD, hot chocolate and a few sweet treats.
My favourite posts from November:
Really loved our bubble art!
Well I hope you found this post useful! If you have got suggestions of things we should be doing in December let me know! Happy December everyone! xx