Our top ten free things to do with children in London!
- Visit a park or woods London has such amazing parks our favourites are St James’ park and Hyde Park (Diana’s memorial playground is amazing). Oxlea woods, Sydenham woods and Chislehurst are the local woods we love to go to.
- Docklands and/or London Museum Both of these museums are great for a couple of hours of fun.
- City farms We love the fact that we have city farms in London. The children love them and really enjoy feeding the different animals.
- Science and/or The natural history museum Amazing free museums!!!!!
- Horniman museum Great museum very interactive, mini farm and beautiful gardens (You have to pay for aquarium and special exhibitions).
- Museum of childhood When I was asking the children what they would like to do this summer, this is where they said! It has great free workshops and crafts. Lots to look at and play with.
- Have a splash Foundations at Somerset house or on the Southbank are amazing fun! The paddling pool in the V&A is great, also in the museum there are different children’s trail. We did the picture trail which led us around the museum, it took us about 30 mins which was perfect.
- See the sights Simply walking around and spotting the famous landmarks………. watch the changing of the guards….. watch tower bridge open for the big boats to go through. Book the Sky garden for free-great for seeing London up high.
- Greenwich…… this is one of our favourite days out……….. Greenwich park……….. Maritime museum (wonderful Ahoy children’s exhibition)…………. watching the boats on the Thames!
- Southbank In the summer the Southbank always has different things going on, this normally includes a big sandpit. There are also the fountains to splash about in! For my post about visiting the Southbank click here.
Happy holidays everyone! xxx