There is something so special about receiving a gift that a child has made for you. It is wonderful for a child to spend time making something unique to give to someone, then for the child to see the gift being used or displayed.
Here are some of our favourite simple homemade gift ideas that children can make at home: (click on the photos to find out more)
- Candle holder
- Art work on a canvas
- Plant pot – we simply used washi tape to decorate a pot and planted a bulb inside, for more information and other plant pot ideas click here.
- Decorate a mug- Using pens that can be used on porcelain decorate the mug then follow the instructions on the pens to make the paint heat-proof.
- Coaster- Buy a white tile. Using a pens that can be used on porcelain decorate the tile then follow the instructions on the pen to make the paint heat proof. Finally glue a piece of felt to the bottom.
- Candle – using candle paint (brought in the shop Tiger) we decorated a plain candle.
- Decorate initials, numbers or words– Mache letters can be bought online or from hobbycraft then decorated. We splatter painted ours using slightly watered down ready mixed paint.
- Personalised beer bottles! Click here to find out more.
Happy making xxx