10 ideas of fabulous things to make, do and celebrate in July with your children!
Here is my monthly post, which I post at the beginning of every month. I am looking ahead at the month and suggesting 10 things you could do with your children. These things will focus on celebrating the season and special events in that month.
- Make homemade gifts for the teachers at school Here are some ideas of simple homemade gifts to say thank you to the wonderful teaching staff we have in our schools.
- Visit the beach….. any excuse….. any seasons…….just love the beach!
- Plant a herb garden Children love to get involved in the garden and a really great way is to plant a herb garden, easy to maintain and attracts lots of minibeast to explore.
- BBQ time….. come on sunshine it’s BBQ season!
- Summer and beach inspired arts and crafts Check out our Beach life post.
- Watch some music outside – Look out for local festivals and catch some live music.
- Play with water……… paint with water in the garden……… play in the sprinkler………water fight….. wash toys in the garden………
- Make homemade lemonade- great to make with the kids. Lots of recipes on pinterest.
- Play tennis………… or just watch Wimbledon on TV eating strawberries and ice-cream!
- Run in the water fountains! Our favourite places to do this are Somerset house and Southbank.
Here are some suggestions of some fab picture books for July:
Nature’s day by Kay Maguire I was so pleased to find this book as I have been looking for a good season’s book. It is such a wonderful books that goes through the different seasons and the changes we may see.
Tree: seasons come, seasons go by Brittaa Teekentrup It is a lovely simple picture book which shows the changes in a tree through the changing seasons.
Summer- seasons of the year by Harriet Brundle This is a simple non-fiction book about the season for younger readers. There are beautiful photos on each page with a simple bit of information. Topics cover the weather, food and things to do. The book includes a contents page and index.
The pirates next door by Jonny Duddle Wonderful pirate book, which will make you smile.
The night pirates by Peter Harris – another of our favourite pirate books.
Billy’s bucket by Kes Gray For more information and fishy craft ideas click here
The snail and the whale by Julia Donaldson – a classic from Julia Donaldson!
Barry the fish with fingers by Sue Hendra- We really love books written by Sue Hendra. I remember reading this over and over to Tom a couple of years ago!
Tyrannosaurus drip by Julia Donaldson – another great books by Julia Donaldson, which children love.
Let’s plan ahead:
We are now thinking ahead to the summer holidays and getting some ideas together for what we would like to do.
This is our Summer list of things we did last Summer:
Here is a post with lots of ideas of days out with the children.
My favourite posts from June:
Well I hope you found this post useful! If you have got suggestions of things we should be doing in July let me know! Happy July everyone! xx