10 ideas of fabulous things to make, do and celebrate in June with your children!
Here is my monthly post, which I post at the beginning of every month. I am looking ahead at the month and suggesting 10 things you could do with your children. These things will focus on celebrating the season and special events in that month.
- #30dayswild This month take part in #30dayswild, get outside everyday during June!
- Celebrate the Dad’s! Get busy making cards and gifts and spend some special times with Dad’s or the men in our lives. Last year we made these keyrings!
- Strawberries! Get picking! Find your local strawberry farm and enjoy! We are definitely going to do this, this year!
- Celebrate the start of Summer Make a beautiful summer garland to bring the wonderful summer colours in the home.
- Alfresco Let’s enjoy the sunshine and eat in the garden.
- Visit a butterfly farm This is always a fun activity seeing the amazing variety of butterflies up close.
- Celebrate the delicious summer fruits Have some fun with all the different wonderful fruits that are now in season……… could make fruit kababs/pops…….. fruit ice pops……. smoothies…..
- Play Poohsticks…….. one of the easiest fun free things to do at the park!
- Minibeast madness……….. hunt for them in their garden….. make them……… read about them………make a bug hotel……
- Big screen Watch Wimbledon on a big screen…….. Pims for the adults and ice-cream for the kids….yes please!
Here are some suggestion of some fab picture books for June:
Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems This is a great story, encourages lots talk about our emotions.
The Emperor’s egg by Martin Jenkins Such a cute story!
Guess how much I love you by Sam McBratney A classic!
We’re going on a bear hunt by Michael Rosen Another classic!
My Dad by Anthony Browne Great book about the role of a Dad.
My Dad thinks he’s funny by Katrina Germein Any Dad’s that are constantly telling sill jokes?
Minibeast books (These are my top 5 minibeasts picture books).
Crunchy munchy caterpillar by Sheridan Cain This a great simple book about the lifecycle of a butterfly.
Norman the slug by Sue Hendra (Click here for my post about this book).
What the ladybird heard by Julia Donaldson Great story about a tiny ladybird saving the day.
Arrrragghhh spider by (Click here for my post about this book).
Superworm by Julia Donaldson (Click here for my post about this book).
Let’s plan ahead:
Fancy taking the kids to a Westend show – kids go free during kids week. Tickets go on sale on 14th June, click here for more details.
My favourite posts from May:
Have you read these posts?
Well I hope you found this post useful! If you have got suggestions of things we should be doing in June let me know! Happy June everyone! xx