10 ideas of fabulous things to make, do and celebrate in April with your children!
Here is my monthly post, which I post at the beginning of every month. I am looking ahead at the month and suggesting 10 things you could do with your children. These things will focus on celebrating the season and special events in that month.
- Play in the blossom Spring is totally here for us to enjoy! We love to spot the blossom, and even better when it begins to fall………. catch it…… throw it………. collect it…………! Why not bring some home, put some in some water with empty bottles, the children will love to make homemade perfume!
- Let’s go fly a kite! Make the most of the mild weather, head out on a windy day and watch the kite fly.
- Time to get Spring crafting Here is one of our favourite: Egg box Spring wreath.
- Splish, Splash, Splosh! Grab your wellies and get outside and enjoy the April showers.
- Visit a farm Wonderful time to visit a farm and see all the baby animals. Our favourite farm is “Godstone farm”!
- Celebrate St George’s day Go traditional eat English food for the day! Head to nearest city and enjoy their celebrations. Feast of St George in Trafalgar Square is on the 23rd April!
- Time to get planting We always try to plant vegetable with variable success but hey the children love planting especially getting muddy!
- Hunt for Bluebells We are very lucky to have bluebells come up in our garden, but head out to and see if you can spot any? National trust have some amazing places where you can see amazing amounts of bluebells.
- Watch London Marathon Always great fun cheering on all the runners! The children love seeing the different costumes too.
- Spring Clean Get the children involved cleaning their room…..Tom finds it very hard to let go of anything, maybe encourage children to choose 3 things they could pass on for someone else to play with….. worth a try!
Here are some suggestion of some fab picture books for April:
Nature’s day by Kay Maguire I was so pleased to find this book as I have been looking for a good season’s book. It is such a wonderful books that goes through the different seasons and the changes we may see.
Tree: seasons come, seasons go by Brittaa Teekentrup It is a lovely simple picture book which shows the changes in a tree through the changing seasons.
When will it be Spring? By Catherine Walters I have had this book for a long time and I always bring it out at this time of the year. It is a sweet story but what I like most about the book are the pictures which really show the changing seasons.
What I will be doing this month?
I will be spending lots of time in the garden – planting, tidying and hopefully enjoying some sunshine!
My favourite posts on my blog in March:
Rabbitynness by Empson – Book share and craft ideas.
Well I hope you found this post useful! If you have got suggestions of things we should be doing in April let me know! Happy April everyone! xx