Can you believe it is the last Friday in September and it is officially Autumn! Sorry I have been a little quite this month so busy with Tom’s birthday celebrations! Here is a monthly round of things that have made me smile in September! Here is my top ten (in no particular order!) ………..
- Tom’s birthday was a lot of fun, he was so happy! We had two picnics one with his friends and one with family. I really enjoy all the preparations- choosing presents, organising the food and making party bags. For both the picnics we had such amazing weather! So much fun!
- The children I look after really make me smile, it is a privilege to look after such wonderful children!
- It made me smile to discover Box hill, I highly recommend it, just stunning! There is play trail which Tom loved- den making, tree climbing, stick collecting all his favourite things!
- Very kindly a friend offered to babysit for Mr Lee and I to go out, we decided to go to “Sticks n Sushi” in Greenwich. The food was so good, I keep thinking about it!
- The return of Downton Abby (though not smiling that it is the last series!).
- This month I invested in a raincoat, I have always just used my winter coat so with all the rain…. I was definitely smiling in my raincoat!!!
- Tom and I spend an afternoon gardening, we planted a herb garden and bulbs ready for spring. Tom loved doing it and got very muddy!
- Tom started Reception it has made me smile to see how quickly he has settled into it and how much he loves it! (I do miss him though).
- If you read my post about Slow living one of the things I said we were going to try was once a month to have a weekend we don’t plan for. So this month our non-planned for weekend consisted on staying in our pj’s until mid-day and having a trip to Greenwich…… just so lovely to take it easy particularly in the mornings when we normally seem to be rushing around!
- Reading Charlie and the chocolate factory with Tom, so lovely to share a chapter a night together!
Look ahead to October…………….
- I am very exciting that I have a weekend away with some very special friends in Margate, can’t wait!!!!
- Looking forward to celebrating a friends 40th birthday, with a cocktail or two!
- Looking forward to embracing autumn, love watching the changing of the seasons.
Thanks for reading, hope you had a great September and that October brings a lots of fun! xxx