This recipe is based on one in “Tea & cake with Lisa Faulkner” but as you know by now I just chuck all the ingredients in! To be honest I have made this recipe twice and second time I left them in the oven too long so they were a bit over crisp (but to be fair I did have 6 children in the house!) but the first time, they had a perfect crisp on the outside and squidgy in the centre!
225g unsalted butter (softened)
330g caster sugar
300g plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
70g cocoa powder
150g chocolate chips.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 oC
- Prepare baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Add all ingredients together and mix
- Make the ingredients into balls and put onto the prepared baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake to 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Then enjoy with a cuppa!
Happy cooking! xxx