At this time of the year everyone is looking for great things to do with the kids, so I thought I’d list some places which we have visited, which may give you ideas.
Tried and tested
- Maritime museum – Greenwich. Fantastic play area for the kids and it’s free!
- London transport museum– more information of my previous post.
- Trip on the Thames clipper
- Mudchute farm– Free, v close to the DLR station.
- Oxlea woods– we always have such a great time wandering around the woods!
- Museum of childhood– free museum, interactive and free story telling and craft sessions.
- London Zoo– quite expensive but we use our Tesco clubcard points or 241 with a train ticket.
- Science Museum– fab free museum, we love the Garden!
- National history museum– Especially good if you have a child who loves Dinosaurs!
- Southbank– we always have a great time wandering along the Southbank lots to see, in the summer there is a sandpit too!
- Cutty Sak – lots of fun exploring the ship!
- Hornimans museum– New dinosaur exhibition.
- Museum of London– Tom enjoys the mini section about the Great fire of London!
- Museum of London Docklands– free, mini play area worth a visit if you are in the area.
- Theatre trip– always a treat!
- Princess Diana memorial playground– Hyde park. Really lovely play park
- Greenwich park– always lovely for an explore, scoot or picnic.
- Beach Blackheath at the Conservatoire- make sure you order a brownie
- Dulwich park– lovely park.
- Planetarium– Greenwich. Book in advance, different shows for different age groups.
- Trip to the cinema
- Discover children’s story centre, Stratford. Wonderful museum- more information on previous post.
- Wetland centre– We have visited London and Arundel, both lovely to explore! 241 with train ticket.
- London eye-241 with a train ticket.
- Aquarium – it is great but expensive, we used our tesco clubcard points
- Emirate Cable car – fun experience!
- Kew gardens – lovely day out
- St James park – my favourite park in London
- Battersea park zoo – lots to do and explore!
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic park – lovely play parks!
- Coram fields – useful little park to know of if you are in the area!
- Crystal palace park – Dinosaurs and little farm!
On the list to visit
- Tower of London (Kids under 5 are free! 241 with train ticket)
- Lullingstone Country park This has been recommend to us, so I am looking forward to visiting soon.
Tried and tested
- Godstone farm (Surrey) – fantastic farm, loads to see and lots of play areas! Highly recommended!
- Barry island (South Wales)- Beautiful sandy beach, I was not expecting that!!!
- Legoland (Berkshire)- Amazing, too much for just one day! Expensive so find a deal before you go!
- Whitstable (Kent)- beautiful beach!
- Brighton (Sussex)- love Brighton!
- Groomsbridge (Kent)- we really loved this place, lots to explore, really want to visit again!
- Bedgebury Pinetum (Kent)- We did the Gruffalo hunt here, great fun!
- Drucillas park (Sussex)– Hello Kitty and Thomas the tank, say no more!
- Parc Cardiff – all weather playground.
- Mayfield Lavender field (Surrey)- so beautiful to walk in the lavender!
- Monkey world (Dorset)- lovely to see a great variety of monkey’s!
- Crich tramway village (Derbyshire)– great day out travelling on different trams!
- Trentham monkey forest (Staffordshire) – Really fab up close view of the monkeys!
- Techiquest (Cardiff) Welsh Science museum- so much interactive stuff to do!
- Queen Elizabeth country park (Hampshire) – Beautiful park to explore.
- Ride on a steam train – we have done this in Norfolk and Staffordshire.
Wow, this list certainly grew as I wrote this and remembered the wonderful places we are fortunate enough to visit! What a wonderful country we live in! Where is your favourite place to visit? Where should I visit next? xxx